Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Daddy

My Daddy past away on May 31, 2004. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him. He always liked to make people laugh, and was always talking to people. he didn't know a stranger. Sometimes when we would go somewhere we would find Dad talking to someone and when he was finished talking, and we would go on our way, we would ask him who the person was. He would say he didn't know, he just started talking to the person. Everyone loved my dad. My sister and I was talking about him today and about how he acted when we had a birthday dinner for one of the family members. Everytime the birthday person would sit and open gifts and cards Dad would always be standing close by...waiting...and when the person would open a card that had some money in it, Dad would snatch it away really quick and put it in his pocket, then grin like anything. He always gave the money back though. That was something he always did on birthdays. I remember lots of times he would be acting really silly and make us laugh. He also had his serious side to. I remember him telling me when I was in high school that I was going to finsh high school if I had to stay in until I was 52 years old. I use to think I would be 52 when I actually finished high school. Dad wanted us to be able to take care of ourselves and not be dependent on other people, but I got married and depended on my husband to take care of me. I think Dad was really proud of me when I went to collage when I was in my 40's and got an associates degree in advertising and graphic design. He was a printer and I always felt like I was kinda doing the same trade in the graphic design career. Alot of times when I was in collage and I needed some help with projects I would ask my Dad about what I was doing and he usually could help me with it in some way. There are really so many different memories of my Dad. As I remember stories about him I will be posting them on my blog here. I really miss my Dad alot and I loved him so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment